Thursday 27 March 2014

5 Celebrities Who Would Make Great Mac Collections


 Mac collections are a wonderful thing! As a makeup enthusiasts, I have a child-like sense of enthusiasm awaiting a new collection, especially if the theme, which sparks my interest. And this, my friends, is why the mac collaborations with celebrities are a tremendous hit. Not only are us beauty fanatics sure to pick up one, two, or all that the collection has to offer, but it encourages die-hard fans of the celebrity over to the “mac side”  of life. In fear of talking like a business teacher, here are the top 5 celebrities that would make fabulous mac collaborations

5. Madonna




Simply because what collection would be anymore classic than a material girls one? I can see a Madonna collection being a bit like the Heatherettes and Marilyn Monroe collection put together but with her surprise factor and deep “vogue like” colours. I was a bit taken aback that it has yet to be done, I mean she is the "Orginal Queen" in the blending of pop culture and music.


4. Ke$ha




One can only imagine the amount of glitter that would be put into this collection. I think her wacky undid and grungy style is pretty great. Although, I'm not sure if there would be a wide amount of people who would dig her style enough to purchase it; it would still be a great collection that will be remembered forever.



3. Betsey Johnson




Oh, and I know I'm not alone when I say I'd love to have her free spirit in the form of makeup. I think this would make the perfect summer collection, with its bright, useable colors. Her free spirit is just so intoxicating, and I would love to see a collection for that. 



2. Marina and the Diamonds




Can you just imagine a pastel pink lipstick by the name of “Bubblegum Bitch?”  She's edgy yet classy, punk yet feminine, and fabulously sexy all together; exactly what Mac is all about! The attitude and atmosphere is perfect, and there definitely would be enough products to do. There could be a Champaign nude lips, or “How to be a Heartbreaker” pallet, couldn’t this intrigue just about anybody. However, the dilemma is if she would be recognizable enough, but this didn’t stop them from the failed Beth Ditto collection and I still have no clue who she is!



1. Kiss




It’s safe to say that kiss is a universal symbol of rock, but they are also a universal symbol of stage makeup. I'll be honest, I’m more than a tad shocked that this hasn’t happened before; I think this would make a perfect Halloween collection. I mean hell-o turn yourself into Gene Simmons;  who wouldn’t want that!

No comments:

Post a Comment